For the whole month of March we will be celebrating International Women’s Day and this year’s theme is Inspiring Change. In a global effort to empower the feminine presence, we are calling to action our voices to act as one as we encourage advocacy for women’s advancement all around the world and in every way possible. Positive change starts with challenging the status quo and awakening women’s power. Not only women, but everyone should be concerned in finding ways to a balanced and caring future for all human beings.
I invite you all to join in and be a part of Inspiring Change for women’s advancement. Through the love, support and nurturing nature of the feminine presence, so much could be accomplished towards the well-being of not only the citizens of this world, but for the so desperately needed changes to the way we are running our governments and industries in order to preserve our planet for ourselves, for our children and for all those who wish to live on this Earth in a balanced and flourishing way not only now, but in the future.
Inspiring Change in International Women’s Day month is a call to action and a reminder that we are all in this together, and that equal male and female balance is what thrives under any circumstances or in any situation. By beginning to focus our intentions inwards, and then expanding them with conviction outwards, we create an environment of intention all around us that others will notice and catch on to.
Our first International Women’s Day was held in 1911 and today thousands of events take place to mark the economic, political and social achievements of women. The celebration of this day extends not only to individuals, but also to organizations, governments, charities, educational institutions, women’s groups, corporations and the media.
Every year the United Nations announces an annual theme:
- 2014: Equality for women is progress for all
- 2013: A promise is a promise: Time for action to end violence against women
- 2012: Empower Rural Women – End Hunger and Poverty
- 2011: Equal access to education, training and science and technology
- 2010: Equal rights, equal opportunities: Progress for all
- 2009: Women and men united to end violence against women and girls
- 2008: Investing in Women and Girls
- 2007: Ending Impunity for Violence against Women and Girls
- 2006: Women in decision-making
- 2005: Gender Equality Beyond 2005: Building a More Secure Future
- 2004: Women and HIV/AIDS
- 2003: Gender Equality and the Millennium Development Goals
- 2002: Afghan Women Today: Realities and Opportunities
- 2001: Women and Peace: Women Managing Conflicts
- 2000: Women Uniting for Peace
- 1999: World Free of Violence against Women
- 1998: Women and Human Rights
- 1997: Women at the Peace Table
- 1996: Celebrating the Past, Planning for the Future
- 1975: United Nations recognizes International Women’s Day
To find out more on ways you can be part of a balanced and caring future for all human beings, go to: http://www.internationalwomensday.com/ or http://www.unwomen.org/en/news/in-focus/international-womens-day
For $15 off your next massage or service in honour of Inspiring Change for International Women’s Day Click HERE
You must log in to post a comment.